Saturday, May 06, 2006

Royalty Magazines

I don't know about anyone that reads my blog but, I'm a bit of a fan of royalty. I think it started because I'm an Anglophile, a person who loves things that have to do with the United Kingdom. One of really neat things about England is the British Royal Family. To me, they have a lot of cache. One of the biggest thrills I've had on my travels was when I actually got to go inside Buckingham Palace during a tour. It was something to see the balcony the royals will come out on and wave from during various events. I also got to see the room the Queen uses to bestows honors in including knighthoods. Lastly, I got to see her backyard. You might ask what is so special about seeing her backyard. First, the backyard is in downtown London. People don't have backyards there because land is so danged expensive. I remember seeing ads where people paid over $85,000 for a garage to park their car in. The Queen has a backyard you could 20 or 30 garages in. The land value of her backyard must be ridiculous. If that isn't incredible enough, however many people do you know that have their own LAKE in their backyard? I doubt many and again remember her lake is in the middle of downtown LONDON! Unbelievable! It was truly incredible to get to see the inside of that palace.
Back to the subject, two of best magazines you can buy if you want to follow the world's royalty are Royalty and Majesty. Both of these magazines have excellent pictures on the various royal families. They also have interesting articles on them. In Volume 20 Number 3, Royalty magazine talks about the girlfriends of Princes William and Henry. It's kinda interesting to read about them. Volume 27 Number 3 of Majesty has a nice article on Princess Caroline if you're interested in Monaco royals. Majesty also gives a list of dates and places where various royals will be appearing in England. It would very useful if you've got the desire to try to catch a glimpse of one. Lastly, the magazines sell good selections of books on the royals. I remember one I was interested in but didn't get around to buying actually told how the British royal household actually worked.
If you like royalty, either of these magazines might be for you. I was able to buy my copies at Books-A-Million. They also have websites at: www.majestymagazine.com and www.royalty-magazine.com. Cheers!

No comments: