Sunday, May 07, 2006

College Books

After I finished taking the final for the college class I'm taking, it was time to sell back the books to the college book store. This always strikes me as something of a rip-off. They give you half of what you paid for the book and sell it for twice what they paid you. A nice deal if you can get away with it and they do. For the nine books I sold them, I got all of $34.25. I then walked over to the college bookstore to see about getting the two books I need for my next class. It turned out that they were out of stock. I'm going to have to buy them brand new. The total price for the two new books - $35. Some days, you just can't win. Oh well, at least I had the rest of the books for the class. I'd hate to see what it would've cost me otherwise. I'll get to drive back later this week to pick the books up. For some reason, they couldn't mail them to me. :-(

No comments: