Friday, May 26, 2006

Prince of Egypt

I watched Prince of Egypt today. Ok, I know it's been out a long while but I'm terrible about watching movies. You can ask my sister Ellie. I remember raving about The Matrix and, she reminded me that by the time I got around to watching it, it had been out a year and a half. Anyway, in regards to the cartoon movie Prince of Egypt, I thought they did a really nice job of it though they definitely took some liberties. For example, Moses wife didn't go with him to Egypt. She later visited him after he had led the Israelites out of Egypt and as I remember, she didn't stay then either. Also, the Israelites wanted to kill Moses when they got to the Red Sea and saw Pharoah's army hot on their tails. Still, the essence is right about God hearing the cries of his people and him choosing Moses to lead them. Moses did perform a number of miracles which ultimately resulted in Pharaoh releasing Moses' people.

If you don't like Judeo-Christian religious stuff, you won't care for this cartoon/movie. If you do, I think you'll enjoy it. I know I did. It is a nice story and, the artwork in it is pretty decent. You should be able to find the movie for rent at various video rental stores. I don't know what it would cost you if you wanted to buy it though it should be less than $18 or $20. It has been out a while. I would definitely say Prince of Egypt is worth renting or buying and watching.

No comments: