Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ale II

This is my second post on Samuel Adam's various ales hence Ale II. Yesterday, I got to try Samuel Adams Summer Ale. I found it a nice smooth ale. On their website, Samuel Adams says there is a background of peaches and some other fruit. If so, I couldn't taste them but then I'm not a connoisseur of ales. I just know if it tastes good or not and, I think their Summer Ale is pretty good. One bad thing about their summer ale is it's seasonal brew. It's only available during the summer.
I also tried their Brown Ale. I found this ale has a harsher taste though it's still a decent brew. Unlike Adams Summer Ale, their Brown Ale is available year round. It's part of their Brewmaster Collection.
One final side note. As I mentioned in previous posts, I've allowed my hair to grow long and I've grown a goatee. When I went up to the counter to pay for the two six-packs of ale, the cashier carded me. I'm 45 years old. I should've grown my hair long years ago! (grin) Cheers!

No comments: