Friday, May 19, 2006

McKellen Website Update

I did some further searching and managed to find the website of the company responsible for running Sir Ian McKellen's website. I subsequently emailed them to find out what was happening with McKellen's website. The email got kicked back as undeliverable. I would strongly recommend you don't order anything at this time from his website. Hopefully, McKellen will get the mess sorted out soon.

On another note, McKellen has been defending the movie The Da Vinci Code. He stars in it and one critic I read said he stole the movie in his scenes. I don't know if thats true or not but I can't imagine him doing a bad job of acting. In a rare case where McKellen dropped his usual geniality, McKellen made the following comment during an interview "Well, I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction. I mean, walking on water, it takes an act of faith." I doubt this will help the movie any nor will it do credit to McKellen or his case for gay rights. McKellen is right that it takes an act of faith to believe that a man walked on water however, much of the bible has been proven to be factually accurate, something that can't be said to be true for The Da Vinci Code. I still feel the book and movie are a smear on the Roman Catholic church specifically and Christianity in general. I personally hope the movie tanks. Hollywood needs to stop making movies that attack Christianity. Maybe when enough movies like The Da Vinci Code tank, they'll get the message.

No comments: