Friday, May 19, 2006

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire

I finally got to watch Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire yesterday. I'd been wanting to see it for a while and finally rented it from Blockbuster Video. I found it to be a really well done movie. The actors and actresses were superb, the script was sound, and the special effects excellent. The movie also addressed the problems standard to all teenagers when they start maturing i.e. the problems guys and gals can have with trying to create relationships. The only thing I can fault the movie on is that it is sad. Lord Voldemort is determined to return and he has no qualms about killing to accomplish it. Harry, his friends, and lots of others are attacked at the world quidditch matches by followers of Voldemort. Also, Cedric Diggory is killed by Voldemort himself when he unknowingly is transported to where one of Voldemort's followers (I forget his name) awaits. It is really sad to see him die or the grief of his father when he sees his son's body. I suspect the next Harry Potter movie will be even more grim. Still, the movie overall is excellent and I'd heartily recommend it. It is out on DVD now and should be available at all video stores.

No comments: