Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Jordanian Consulate

Today, I applied to get a Jordanian visa at the Jordanian consulate in Washington D.C. I rode my TMAX motorbike down to D.C., managed to find a parking spot just past the Ethiopian embassy and walked over to the Jordanian embassy. I walked through the main door and said nervously "visa." The security person directed me to a small room and side door that was to the right of the main door entrance. I had everything I needed - my passport, the filled out visa application with photo attached, a money order for $37.50 which I made out to Embassy of Jordan and an express mail envelope with attached postage and mailing addresses. The lady at the window of the consulate had me fill in my address and the embassy address on the money order. Also, she made sure I had the right mailing addresses. Once every thing met her approval, she took all the stuff and told me 5 business days which means May 8th is when my visa should be approved by. If they mail it on the 8th, it should reach me on the 9th. That's a little close to me as I fly out a little more than a week later. Still, this was easier than using a visa service and paying nearly 3 times as much. I'll be curious to see what the visa look like. The Australian visa I got was a massive sticker that took a whole page in my passport. The Egyptian visa I got when I arrived in Cairo was a ink stamp thing as I remember. We'll see what this one is like. Stay tuned.

No comments: