Sunday, May 13, 2012

MyGlobus Website

I don't know if I've previously mentioned Globus's relatively new website where folks traveling with them can book optional excursions in advance. The website is: https://my.globusjourneys.com/. The service is like the service cruise ship lines offer. You can book and pay in advance various optional excursions that Globus will be offering on your tour with them. Example: on my tour (Journey Through The Holy Land With Jordan), Globus will be offering an excursion called Roman Race Show at the Dead Sea. I believe it's where you sit in a real Roman amphitheater and watch a Roman chariot race as well as fake gladiatorial combats. It should be pretty neat. The MyGlobus website enables me to pay for this excursion in advance so, I don't have a charge bill after I return from my tour. It can be nice in that way.

However, there are some drawbacks to Globus's program. For starters, you must book and pay for any excursions you want to take on this website by 10 days before your tour. Also, should you realize you need to cancel, you must cancel by 10 days before your tour. Otherwise, you won't get any of your money back. Lastly, should you decide while on tour you don't want to do the excursion, you can't cancel and get a refund. The only way you'll only get a refund at that time is if the excursion cancels for some reason.

Should you decide to pre-book on the MyGlobus website, Globus advises you to print a copy of your receipt. Your tour director should know what excursions you'll have paid for but, it doesn't hurt to have a copy proving you booked and paid for them. Also, not all excursions listed on the MyGlobus website may be able to be pre-booked. I had this happen with my tour. The website lists a tour called Little Petra but for unknown reasons, it wouldn't let me book it. Depending on availability, I may be able to book it during the tour.

If you decide you don't want to book excursions with the MyGlobus website, you'll still be able depending on availability to book excursions with the tour director during the tour. There are 2 real advantages to booking on the website. First, you're able to pay in advance for more of things you'll do on the trip so you avoid having to carry the cash to pay for them or a nasty charge card bill when you get home. Second, you are guaranteed a place on the excursion. I don't remember any excursions I've been on with Globus that have sold out but, it doesn't hurt to have your name on the list. However, you should be certain that you want to do the excursion. If you're in doubt, I'd recommend you hold off till you're on your tour. That way, you won't lose any money if you decide you don't want to do the excursion. Happy Travels All!

No comments: