Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Hard Rock Cafe's All Access to End

If you haven't heard, Hard Rock Cafe has decided to end it's All Access Membership. Members of their All Access program have until September 30, 2012 to use any rewards they've earned with the program. After that, any remaining rewards will be lost. Per an email I received from Hard Rock Cafe and their website http://www.hardrock.com/, Hard Rock Cafe plans to come out an unnamed new loyalty program some time in the future. Existing members of the All Access program with be given the VIP tier for the first year. The email I received didn't explain what that was. Presumably, I'll find out when they announce the new loyalty program and how it works.

I'm saddened to see Hard Rock Cafe get rid of it's All Access program. I think it's a nice program and, I enjoyed earning rewards with it. Some times I ate at their restaurants just so I could add to my reward total. Also, I liked getting the 10% discount at non-corporate restaurants. This saved me some money at various overseas (non-U.S.) restaurants. Lastly, the priority seating was nice. I'm curious to see what new program Hard Rock Cafe comes up with. We'll see.

7 comments:

GingerTez said...

I'm disappointed too. I'm guessing that the "it's yours for life" spiel I was given when I joined in Orlando should have been followed with some rapid fire T&Cs like in the adverts on TV (something like "for life does not indicate for the span of your life, lifespans vary and HRC can decide that the life of the card is less than the life of the average hamster") ;-)

Still, before I grumble too much let's see what they come up with to replace it!

Cheers,
Terry.

Ditto said...

Thanks for your comment Terry. I agree with you that we should wait and see about what they'll be coming out with however, them mentioning a tier in the email isn't a good sign unless you eat at Hard Rock Cafe's frequently (I don't). However, I'll withhold judgement on the new program till I learn all the particulars.

Mark @ Firework Crazy said...

I got the postcard the other day, We dine at HR all over the world, the priority seating is fantastic in big cities and the main reason we dine.

If this gets removed then they will lose a valued customer.

Glad I spent my $200 that was on my card when in NY the other month.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens.

bebeb730 said...

I dont think everyone that had an All Access will get into the first tier. I think it will only be if you purchase the All Access in the last year.
The Rewards will vary because of ehat you do with the card. If you go to Hotels then your rewards will came from that
Also they are planning on charging $24 a year for one if the teirs.
Why are they charging you, most cards are free.

Ditto said...

bebeb730, sounds like you've been able to get more information than I have. The only thing I've seen recently was a reminder that All Access would be going away the end of September and, you should make sure you use up any rewards you've earned before then. I would disagree with you about getting first tier only if you purchased All Access within the past year. The email I received from Hard Rock Cafe was clear about me getting first tier even though I've had my membership for YEARS. I would think they'd want to reward their long time customers. We'll see. On the $24 charge, they will have to offer some serious benefits at that tier to get people to pony up $24. We'll see what they offer. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Your lucky you got an email, I only found out last week when I went to eat at the London cafe.... lost all my rewards and they did really give a ****

Ditto said...

Bummer about you losing your rewards Anonymous. That would seriously bite. One thing I don't like about Hard Rock's new rewards program is your points will expire. Also, they won't let you accumulate points. As soon as you hit 5,000 points, they issue you a $15 coupon to use at any Hard Rock Café.