Saturday, May 05, 2012

Jordanian Single Visit Visa

Yesterday, to my delight, I received my passport back from the Washington D.C. Jordanian consulate. Inside was my new single visit visa. Mega kudos to the consulate for processing my visa application so quickly. I was anxious to get my passport back. I've paid over $5,000 for my upcoming trip to Israel and Jordan. If I don't have my passport, I'm not going any where. The visa itself is a combination of a 2 different stamp impressions and 2 stickers. One stamp impression tells what kind of visa it is, the date it becomes active and the date the visa is good till. The other stamp impression shows where the visa was processed, in my case, the consular section in Washington. One of the two stamps says foreign revenue while the other is in arabic so I don't know what it says. According to my travel agent, I can stay in Jordan past the visa expiration date. This is a good thing as it would've been tricky trying to get a single visit visa that would've covered the time I'll be in Jordan and get my passport back before I fly to Israel. As it is, I won't be staying long past the expiration. I leave just a little over 1 day past its expiration date. In regards to Jordan itself, I hope the country proves to be worth the hassle of getting the visa. I have no idea what it'll be like. The only reason I'll be touring it is because it was in the area of Israel and, 9 days of touring Israel wasn't long enough. I'm used to taking 12 to 14 days tours with Globus. We'll see how the trip goes.

Correction: The visa for Egypt that I paid for at Cairo International was a large sticker, not a stamp impression. As I understand it, you can do the same process at Jordan's Amman International Airport.

3 comments:

Travel Visa Canada said...

Well, I think it is better if you find a good travel agent to get you a sure visa, so that you can enjoy your tour.

Ditto said...

My travel friend Harvey went through the travel agent we use to get his Jordanian visa Travel Visa Canada. The service did a fine job BUT, he did pay a premium for using it. Getting your visa at the Amman International Airport would be cheaper and easier as well as not having to leave your passport in some one else's hands. That was one drawback to me getting my visa through the Washington D.C. Jordanian consulate.

Ferinsha said...

I think you have a new experience for that..so before traveling first check your all required documents confirmation..because it's important for good traveling.