Monday, May 14, 2012

Steamed Salmon

I decided to try my Aroma Professional Rice Cooker/Food Steamer on some of the Alaskan salmon I caught last year during my 7 day Alaska cruise with Royal Caribbean. It's the easiest way I know of to cook salmon. You fill the pot pan of the cooker/steamer with enough water for steaming food, put the salmon fillet in the steam tray, close the top of the cooker/steamer (make sure you hear it click to ensure it's locked), you press the steam/cook button and then press it repeatedly till get you 15 for 15 minutes (minimum time to cook fish) and then, it cooks the salmon. The cooker/steamer will beep when it's finished cooking and automatically go into warm mode.

I decided to be on the safe side so I steamed cooked my salmon fillet for 20 minutes. It came out fine. It was neat to get eat some salmon that I caught myself. It brought back memories of my fishing trip out of Knudsen Cove which isn't far from Ketchikan, Alaska. The scenery was stunning and, it was the first time I'd ever tried fishing for salmon. Luck was with me and, I ended up catching a 20 pound King salmon. It was huge. When we got back to the pier, I got a picture taken of my catch and then, I turned it over to a local company that would fillet the fish and flash freeze it. After that, they held it until I was back in Maryland. Once I'd returned home, they shipped the well packed frozen salmon Federal Express so it arrived the next day. It arrived fine and, I promptly stuck the fillets in the freezer. A couple days ago, I decided to finally try some of my salmon. My Aroma cooker/steamer seemed the easiest way to prepare it and, it was. Now, I'll have to get a little more daring and try cooking my next fillet with some butter and herbs. We'll see on that. Bon Appetit all!

No comments: