Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Adventure of the Seas 2013 Caribbean Cruises

Royal Caribbean released the 2013 Caribbean cruises for its Adventure of the Seas ship. I remember this ship as it was the first cruise ship I ever sailed on. It's a Voyager class ship and, it is incredible. I remember checking out the ice skating rink on board which boggled my mind. It seemed unreal to be ice skating in the middle of the Caribbean. Another interesting feature of the ship is its Royal Promenade. It's effectively a mini-street inside the ship lined with shops, a pub, a pizza restaurant with a separate bar that sold Ben & Jerry's ice cream, the excursions desk and customer relations. It was really neat.

One itinerary that I would recommend to any readers I have out there is the one sailing from mid-December to early April. The itinerary sails to St. Croix, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados then returns to San Juan, Puerto Rico. I did this itinerary in the opposite order in November 2011. It was great. This itinerary allows you to see lots of islands and minimize your time on the boat. I don't know about others out there but, I don't go cruising to spend time on the boat. I go cruising because, I think it's the best way to see certain places and, it does have a mystique to it. Cruising in my opinion is the best way to see the Caribbean Islands and the Greek Islands. Also, it's a wonderful way to see some of Alaska. Concerning the mystique, I think it's hard to match the incredible views as you sail out of San Juan or Vancouver, Canada. I can't wait to watch when I sail out of Venice, Italy in November this year.

If you want a really good Caribbean cruise, the St. Croix to Barbados cruise is an excellent choice. For those who feel a week cruising isn't long enough, the Adventure of the Seas does on alternating weeks, the other cruise I did in November 2011 i.e. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba and Curacao. While this itinerary isn't as good as the St. Croix to Barbados one in my opinion, it's still decent. While in St. Thomas, Royal Caribbean offers an excursion to St. John which I did and offers some gorgeous beaches including Trunk Bay which is rated as one of the top 10 beaches in the world. I got to see it in November and, it is stunning. If a week isn't long enough, you can do back-to-back cruises. I had a blast doing this and felt like Serenade of the Seas was my ship after 2 blessed weeks of sailing. I can't wait to do it again this time on Splendour of the Seas in November. Happy Travels All!

No comments: