Saturday, May 05, 2012

Globus Travel Documents

I received my Globus travel documents this Monday. The documents are very important as they tell me exactly what Globus will provide during the tour. They list what meals, excursions and hotels are included in the tour price. They are a legal document that Globus is bound to honor. If a particular item isn't in the documents, Globus doesn't have to provide it. That is why it is very important to review the documents for any errors. If you find any, you need to contact the person or agency you booked the tour with immediately to get the error corrected. In my case, I pre-paid for 3 optional excursions on the tour. I saw the documents didn't show this. I contacted my travel agent and, he told me to print a copy of the excursion receipt so I can show the Globus tour director that I did pay for the excursions and if they're cancelled, I'll be due a refund. The documents are important too in that they tell you where you'll be on a certain date. This is important in case anyone needs to reach you. If you send them a copy of the documents, they'll know what hotel you'll be staying at so they can reach you there. Lastly, the documents show what airport transfers and an extra nights you may have booked. The transfers are important because they tell you if someone from Globus will be there to meet you or if you're on your own to get to your hotel. The extra nights are important as these are vouchers that you'll give to your hotel so Globus will pay them. Also, it confirms your extra hotel reservations. I'll be staying an extra night in Tel Aviv, Israel at the beginning of the tour so I can recover from the long travel time. I'll be traveling around 23 hours from the time I arrive at Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWIA) to catch my connection to Toronto, Canada and fly on to Tel Aviv. I haven't forgotten the time I fly from BWIA to Newark International and on to Copenhagen. I had to try to stay up the whole day till 4:30 in the afternoon when we had our first tour meeting. By the time the meeting happened, I was dead beat tired and actually fell asleep repeatedly during the meeting. Because of this, when I did my tour/river cruise of Egypt, I went a day early and, it worked out really well. When the tour kicked off in Egypt, I was well rested and ready to start seeing the wonders of the country. It should be the same with my trip to Israel and Jordan. If you're going to be traveling a long time to go on a Globus tour, I'd strongly recommend you book an extra pre-tour night so, you'll be in good shape when the tour kicks off. That way, you won't miss anything at the first group meeting. Cheers all.

No comments: