Friday, September 11, 2009

Mail Load

We've been paying dearly for the Labor Day weekend at the post office where I work. Since the 3 day weekend, we've been playing catch up. The amount of mail we've had to carry has been significantly larger. Wednesday, when I returned from the route I was doing, I found 4 tubs of mail and flyers waiting for me for Thursday. To make sure I hit the street i.e. started delivering the mail at a decent time, I went in an hour early Thursday. It turned out to be a smart move. I had at least 4 more tubs of mail waiting when I arrived that morning. Thankfully, the route I was assigned to has a large mounted part so once I cased the mail on that portion, that was it. All I had to do was stick it in the box. On routes that have cluster boxes, I would have had to do a second casing and had to deal with lots of bad mail i.e. mail that wasn't deliverable. I'll be glad when we've caught up on the back log of mail.

No comments: