Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Future Bike

Yesterday, I went to Heyser Cycle to do some haggling and see what bike I would end up buying. Initially, I thought I was going to end up with either a Suzuki 400 or 650. Both of these offer more storage area than the Yamaha TMAX. Also, the 400 is $1,400 cheaper than the TMAX. Lastly, I knew I could work a deal on a 400 as one was on sale on Ebay for $5,300 or so. That was $1,300 below MSRP. However, Heyser offered me a deal on the TMAX and, the TMAX handles a lot better than the Suzuki bikes. The TMAX was designed as a scooter equivalent to a sport bike whereas the Suzukis were designed as scooters. When I had to make the call on which bike to get, that was what decided it for me. I plan to go fast on the thing when I get the nerve up and, I want to know I can rely on the bike handling well. With the TMAX, I shouldn't have any problems. So, I put a $500 deposit down on the TMAX and applied to Yamaha's financing. One deal I was able to get was 6 months interest free credit. I should have a large chunk of the bike paid off before that expires and, I should be able to pay the rest off when it does expire. Now, I have to wait for the motorcycle safety course so I can the license so I can ride the thing. I can't wait for that. Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: