Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Another Grinding Week

It looks like I'll have another grinding week at the post office. Yesterday, I was assigned to a different post office. This small post office which shall go unnamed doesn't have any substitute carriers so our post office provides them with subs when they can. That isn't often considering our own situation. One problem being assigned to this small post office is you don't get to do their routes very often so, you never really get to know them. Because of this, I arrived early so I could get a good jump on sorting the route's mail in its mail case. This enabled me to hit the street at a decent hour (approximately 1:15 p.m.). While working at this post office, my boss called and wanted me to help at the main post office afterwards. I said no way because I had no idea when I would get the route I was assigned to done. He then informed me that I would work full routes the rest of the week (I was supposed to deliver Express Mails Wednesday and Thursday). I sagged at that news as that means I'll have another grinding week at the post office. The only good thing about it is I'll earn a nice paycheck. I'm very much looking forward to the 3 day motorcycle safety course I'll get to take as it'll give me a breather from the grind and drama of the post office where I work. Stay tuned for updates on the motorcycle safety course.

No comments: