Thursday, September 03, 2009

Longest Ride

I went on my longest ride on my scooter yesterday. I wanted the Mike and the Mechanics CD "Hits." The only Best Buy store that had it in my area was in Glen Burnie. I used Mapquest to see what local roads I could use to get there. There was a way I could ride there on my scooter though I wasn't sure the roads would stay to 50 mph or less. I decided to try it. The ride went all right though I ended up holding up traffic again at points. That made me wish I had the super scooter I want to get. I made it to the Best Buy store and, I was able to buy the CD I wanted. While there, I picked up a couple others. I've heard of the Jonas Brothers and, I decided to see if their music was any good so I bought one of their CDs. Also, I bought one called Celtic Thunder. The name sounds a bit over blown. We'll see if their music is any good.
After buying my CDs, I began make my way back home. I stopped at the Arundel Mills Mall Dave & Busters to play some Spin & Win. Yesterday was the last day of their 1/2 price games promotion. Without that promotion, it can be pretty expensive playing the games there. Luck and timing were with me yesterday. I hit the 1,000 ticket light 25 times! I ended up winning over 29,000 tickets. I have over 230,000 now. It was fun. Dave & Busters still didn't have any prizes I wanted. I didn't need a blender. I have one already. I didn't want a Digicam as I won't be going on any trips any time soon to video and, I don't play various games. So, I saved my tickets. Hopefully, they'll get some better prizes as it gets closer to Christmas. We'll see. I'm also curious to see what new promotions they come out with. They're going to have to come out with a good one to get me to go back. It's too expensive to play their games otherwise.
That's all for now. 25 days till I get to take the motorcycle safety course. I can't wait. Once I take that, I'll be able to get my super scooter. Annoyingly, I haven't seen any great deals on a TMAX on Ebay. That's going to be very important in helping me get a good deal on one. I hope I don't have to hold off. We'll see. Stay tuned.

No comments: