Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weird

I planned to take my Yamaha scooter back to the dealership today to get the idling problem fixed. I was pissed. The last 2 times I rode my new scooter, it repeatedly died on me whenever I came to a stop. So, I started it this morning and the minute the engine kicked over, I gunned it. I managed to get the Post Office where I work all right. I'm my section's safety representative and, it was the monthly safety meeting. Once I got to the Post Office, I let off the gas expecting my scooter to putter out and die. To my disbelief, it didn't. It actually idled. I kept waiting for it to konk out. It didn't. Once the meeting was over, I drove it around town and brought it repeatedly to a stop. It never died once. Finally, I rode it out to Arundel Mills Mall and back. It still didn't die. It's weird. I have no idea what has caused my scooter to unexpectedly run right. The only thing I can GUESS is that somehow some water got in the gas tank and, I burned it out the last time I rode it. To be on the safe side gas wise, I filled it up with premium unleaded this time. The fill up still only cost me $2.45. I think I can afford premium in that case. I know I got over 80 miles to the gallon AGAIN. That was neat too. I plan to ride the thing again tomorrow and see how it does. Barring the idling problem, I have been enjoying riding it. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. More and more, I suspect I'll see about trading up to a more powerful scooter. I just to get really proficient with riding the thing first. I think that'll make the motorcycle safety course I'll have to take a lot easier. We'll see. Cheers all.

No comments: