Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bible Doctrine CDs

This past week, I finally finished my first bible doctrine MP3 CD. Each CD has 36 lessons on it. In that way, the CDs are far more convenient vice the old cassette tapes. If I had wanted to take 36 lessons on cassettes, I would've had a good size box to carry with me vice one CD. Also, I suspect it's cheaper for R. B. Thieme Bible Ministries to make copies of the CDs. The blank CD would cost pennies and the recording technology is readily available. Still, I find I miss the cassettes. I liked putting one of those in my portable cassette player vice having to mark what lesson I would do next in my lesson notebook. Also, it is easier to rewind a cassette and re-listen to something you might miss vice on the CD. With the CD, you'd have to listen to the entire lesson again. Because of that, I don't bother to try to go back to points I might've missed. Lastly, I liked being a taper i.e. a person who listened to Paster Thieme's bible doctrine lessons on tape vice getting to listen to them live. It was something of a mark of distinction. Being a CDer doesn't sound the same. Oh well. I continue to the lessons and, I feel they continue to do me good. I suspect they would do more good if I would be more consistent in listening to them. I'm still really bad about getting myself to listen to the lessons. I'll find any number of things to do other than listen to a lesson. The only time I seem to be really good about listening to the lessons is when crap is hitting the fan. I should listen to God when the times are good as well as bad. Too often, I don't. I suspect I also stray from God when the times are good as I don't feel I need him as much nor do I give him the credit he deserves. I need to be more conscienscous about that. Give God thanks in the good times as well as the bad. Cheers all!

No comments: