Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cold - Stage 2

My cold entered stage 2 today. Yesterday, I didn't have any stuffiness, runny nose or occasional sneezing. Today, I had all those. To make matters worse, the Wal-Mart version of Dayquil didn't seem to do much good. All of the symptoms made my day at the Post Office that much worse. I had to keep a kleenex handy constantly to catch the drops coming out of my nose. Those were really aggravating. Incredibly, our acting boss was considering giving me a bump on another route because the regular couldn't show. I couldn't believe it. I'm sick and, he should be glad I didn't call out and leave in a really big lurch. There aren't many who know the route I was doing today. I was virtually spent by the time I got done. I still have 2 more days to work before I get a day off (Sunday). I'm not looking forward to them. Also, I'm hoping I'll be healthy in time for the tours I was planning on taking. If I'm not, I won't go. I don't think anyone in the tour would want to be around someone with a cold. I know I wouldn't. We'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

No comments: