Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Small Post Office

Yesterday, I got to work at a different post office. This post office has been loaning my post office one of its regular carriers so we could have an evening watch supervisor. They asked for payback last week. They needed a body to carry mail yesterday, this Friday and this coming Monday. I was the only sub not working yesterday so I got asked if I'd work there. I was told the route I'd be assigned to was equal to an auxiliary route. If that was the case, I figured I could do it so I agreed to work there. I was assigned to the auxiliary route all of 5 minutes before they moved me to a regular route. I was not happy. Thankfully, they gave me help. I needed it as I didn't know the case or the area. I used my post office problem solving skills and managed to find out where the different parts of the route were. Between that and the help I got from the carrier who did do the auxiliary route, I managed to get it done. From what I can tell, the postmaster there was pleased with me. I don't know if I'll be going back or not. We have a carrier who left for her wedding and honeymoon and from what I understand, I'll be doing her route the next 2 weeks. We'll see what happens. If nothing else, it was interesting working at a different post office. Cheers all!

No comments: