Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wegmans Peanut Butter Pretzels Review

While shopping at the Columbia, Maryland Wegmans store, I stumbled upon their peanut butter pretzels. These aren't pretzels with peanut butter inside. They're pretzels covered by peanut butter, like chocolate covered pretzels. I thought they might be interesting to try so, I bought a little more than a quarter of a pound of them.

I found them good though not great. The peanut butter coating does taste like peanut butter. Price wise, they are expensive. They sell for $8.49 a pound in one of the bulk foods sections at the store. I don't know how long they'll stay fresh though considering how long they're likely to stay in the dispenser at the store, I would think they have a decent shelf life. One thing I did discover to my annoyance is like chocolate covered pretzels, you had better be sure you don't store them in a hot area. They peanut butter coating will melt and, you'll end up with a big glob of peanut butter pretzels which you'll have to pry apart like I did. Also, Wegmans does offer coupons with the coupon booklets they send out where you can get a $1 off any $5 bulk item purchase. They would save you a little money with them.

If you like peanut butter and pretzels, you might want to give these a try. Happy munching all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so addicted to these pretzels, I do not care if they are gooey or not. After being on a diet for several years, these really hit the spot! I never get a pound's worth, but just enough to satisfy. If you weigh a pretzel though, they are about 10 cents apparently (last I checked,) but it's not too bad if you get a dollar's worth. I like how you can choose the amount/price you want to spend on these tasty things, and at the Wegmans in Webster, New York,they sure go fast!