Sunday, August 04, 2013

September 2013 Majesty of the Seas Cruises

I don't know if I posted anything on my September Majesty of the Seas cruises. On September 20th, I'll get to sail on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas ship. It'll be the first time I'll get to sail on their Sovereign class. The Sovereign class was at one time, the largest cruise ships in the world. Incredibly, they're now the smallest class in the Royal Caribbean fleet. Royal Caribbean transferred out Majesty's sister ship Monarch of the Seas and, I suspect Royal Caribbean will do the same in time to Majesty. It should be fun exploring the ship like it was on Splendour of the Seas last November.

There are other firsts for me with the 2 cruises. These will be the 2 shortest cruises I'll have ever done. The first is 3 nights; the second is 4 nights. I'll get to visit the Bahamas for the first time. I'll make port in Nassau, Bahamas and Royal Caribbean's private island Coco Cay, Bahamas both cruises. Also, I'll visit Key West, Florida for the first time. I'll sail out of Miami, Florida's cruise ship terminal for the first time. It looks like it has a nice cruise ship terminal. It'll be my first cruises as an Crown & Anchor Emerald member. I made that level thanks to my April/May cruises on Grandeur of the Seas.

Another plus is the ship has a Coca Cola Freestyle machine. I've already paid for my unlimited soda packages and, it looks like you pay a little premium for them on the Majesty. But, you get over 100 more choices with the machines. According to information I saw posted on the unofficial Royal Caribbean blog, only folks who buy the unlimited soda packages can use the machines. The soda cups has chips in them that tell a reader on the machine the cup owner has a valid unlimited soda package.

So stay tuned for more cruise updates. I'll make sure I take lots of pictures to post on here. I plan to post some more of things I got to see in Bermuda. I took some decent pictures of the Chapel Royal in St. George and St. Catherine's Fort (you pass it when you sail into Bermuda).

No comments: