Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Leave

Yesterday, I submitted my leave form at the post office where I work. Leave at the post office is kind of an oxymoron in that I don't actually EARN leave there. I can't as I don't work an assigned route all the time or, I'm not a FULL time regular carrier. In actuality, I inform the post office that I won't be available to work for a certain period of time. During that time, since I won't work, I won't earn ANY money or other benefits. It's the biggest drawback for me taking time off. Still, I love going on my trips and the lost income is worth getting to see the awesome things I get to see. Also, the trips help me deal with the stress at the post office. During the trips, I get TOTALLY away from the crap at work. It rejuvenates me to where when I return, I'm ready to deal with the postal bs again. If it weren't for me buying my TMAX, I'd be going on some kind of tour either this month or next. As long as I can afford it, I plan to do 2 major trips next year. I can't wait to go on those trips. It's a lot of fun planning them and reading up on where I'll be going. Now that my leave form is submitted, that's one more thing done on my travel checklist. The time can't fly fast enough till I get to take LEAVE and go on my future trip to Ireland.

No comments: