Sunday, January 24, 2010

Peru

As any reader of my blog knows, I love to travel. I'm impatiently counting the days till I do a 2 week tour of Ireland with Globus. Also, I'm beginning to plan the tour that will follow that. That tour will be to Peru to see the wonders of the Incas. The tour includes a visit to the lost city of Machu Picchu. To me, it would be something to see a lost city. Plus, I've never been to South America. The closest I've been is Aruba and Curacao during my only cruise to the Caribbean. The only down side I can see to the trip is the long travel time. I checked and even with the fastest connections, it's going to take over 14 hours to get to Lima, Peru from Baltimore Washington International Airport. Because of that, I'm going to plan on spending an extra day in Peru to recover from travel fatique. I don't like starting any tour tired. I learned the hard way when I did Globus's Scandanavian tour that it can be worth having an extra day to rest when I arrive. I didn't do that during the Scandanavian tour and, I was repeatedly falling asleep during the first group meeting. I was seriously wiped. So, I'll give myself an extra day in Lima to rest and see some of the city on my own. Then, when the tour kicks off, I'll be bright eyed and ready to see new wonders and share them with the awesome people in our group. It should be a blast. Cheers all!

No comments: