Sunday, January 10, 2010

Harris Teeter

I wanted to post something other than a post on the post office. Plus, I needed some place to go riding to on my bike. The Harris Teeter store I checked out is located at 8184 Westside Blvd in Fulton, Maryland by a development called Maple Lawn. The store in fairly new. According to the company website, the store was opened October 6, 2009. I'd passed by it a couple times on rides through Fulton. I'd never been to a Harris Teeter store so I was curious to see what it was like.
The store was of good store. According to the company store fact page, it has over 49,000 square feet. I know they had a number of aisles as well as good size produce department, deli counter, sushi counter and seafood counter. The store seemed a bit up scale in that it had cheeses from all over the world and, they have a wine consultant. As far as cleanliness, I found the store to be very clean and well organized. Prices wise, I can't say how they stack up compared to local Weis, Giant and Safeway supermarkets. I don't shop enough to be knowledgeable about food prices. One handy feature I found about the store is that it is open 24 hours a day. Also, for those who don't have time to shop, you can order your groceries from them on-line. They have your order ready for you when you stop in. I don't know if they offer delivery as well. The chain has a program called the Very Important Customer (VIC) card which gives special discounts on certain items and, it has an email letter offering further specials to VIC card members. On my trip to the Fulton store, I was able to save over $3 using the VIC card. That may not seem like much but, I only spent $23 there. I didn't need tons of groceries on this trip plus, I don't have tons of storage space on my TMAX.
Overall, I found the store to be very nice. I'd be very willing to shop there again. The people that work there were very helpful and considerate. Parking was adequate and the location is easy to get to. It's located not far from the Maryland 216 and 29 intersection. If you live the Fulton area, they're worth checking out. For those who live Columbia, Maryland, there is a store located in Kings Contrivance. Cheers all!

No comments: