Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Photos

Yesterday, I finally had copies made of some of my France tour photos. I suspect the reason I was so slow about getting it done was because I could see the pictures on my computer. Also, in order to make copies of the photos, I had to burn a CD disc so I could take them to either a closeby Costco or Sam's Club. I know you can upload photos to their website BUT, I use max resolution on the photos I'm going to get copies made of. That means a single photo will be over 3 megabytes. It would take forever to upload 124 pictures at 3 megabytes a piece. Lastly, I had a lot of photos to go through and choose from. I took over 300 during my tour of France. One nice thing about digital cameras is you can take tons of photos and, it doesn't cost you anything. Also, if you take a crummy picture or accidentally hold the button too long and take a second picture of the same thing, you can easily delete it.
One of the bad things about digital pictures is you can't pull them out of your pocket and show them to your friends. You might be able to do that if you have a camera phone but, you're not going to leave your phone with your friend while they look through your 100 plus photos. That's why I finally had copies made. Folks at the Post Office have asked repeatedly to see them as have my friends the Baldons. I kept saying I would and, I finally got off my lazy duff and did it. So, now they can see what I was talking about when I said Mont St. Michel was huge or Carcassone was impressive. The photos are for them vice myself. Me, I'll keep viewing them on my computer.

No comments: