Sunday, December 28, 2008

Difference

It was incredible the difference in package volume before and after Christmas. The Saturday before last, I had to deliver over 50 packages. Yesterday, I had 16 packages. The number of catalogs I would deliver was down too. The biggest shopping season of the year was over so merchants stopped mailing their various catalogs. Now, I'll get to see another difference mail wise as it'll gradually drop through the year until fall. The low point mail wise will be in the summer. I'll be happy about the lower mail volumes in one way and not in another. We're due to have another mail count for the rural routes at my Post Office. The last one didn't go well. If trends continue, this one won't either. We'll see what happens. For now, I'll be happy that I got through the Christmas rush and, I can look forward to my trip to Egypt. Cheers all!

No comments: