Monday, December 15, 2008

Shots

Last week, I found out the recommended immunizations (shots) for Egypt. I fervently hate shots BUT, if I have to get them, I figured I might as well get it over with. So, today I visited the base immunization clinic for the first time since I retired from the Air Force. I didn't know how things would work since I'm retired. One advantage I have being former military is that they military gave me every shot I might remotely need including anthrax. So, I didn't think I was going to need too many. I thought I heard some where that I'd have to pay for the shots. I could deal with that. I didn't think they would be exorbitant so off to the clinic I go. I found out that I to make an appointment to see someone at the travel clinic who will apparently check my shot record and determine which shots I need. Then, I'll be able to get them for free and be all set for my trip to Egypt. So come January, I'll drive down to the travel clinic and hopefully get my shots. I found out the only one I REALLY had to have was a new tetanus that includes Pertussis and Diptheria and is good for 10 years. Since I'll only be in Egypt for 12 days, Typhoid is optional BUT, I'm going to get it any way though the arm I get it in will be sore the next day. It always is from the Typhoid shot. Oh well.

No comments: