Sunday, December 07, 2008

Game Ticket Special

One advantage of registering your game card with Dave & Busters is apparently they will email you special promotions like their 1/2 price holiday game promotion. Last week, they emailed me a coupon where if I won 1,500 tickets, I would receive a bonus 1,000 tickets. There were some exemptions on the coupon. The biggest was I couldn't use it on 1/2 price game days. Today, I decided to use the coupon. I got lucky right off the bat. I hit the 1,000 ticket light on my very first spin at Spin & Win. Then, I went cold. I kept missing the 1,000 light by 1 or 2 lights. I tried to keep count of how many times I hit the 20 ticket or 40 ticket lights. Finally, I got up to what I guesstimated was 1,420 tickets. Then, I hit the 1,000 light again. Thankfully, I had the sense to stop. I took my tickets and went to the Winners Circle counter. It turned out my guesstimate was off by 180 tickets. I'd already reached 1,600. Oh well. I received my free bonus. Now, I have 76,692 tickets. I checked out the prizes they had and apparently a lot of the good stuff is going fast. All the 30 GB MP3 players were gone as well as the digital video camera. I'm curious to see what they replace them with. I plan to go back in the future on some Wednesday and try to run my ticket total higher. I want to take advantage of the 1/2 price games. We'll see how I do then. Cheers all!

No comments: