Monday, December 08, 2008

Parka

About 7 or 8 years ago, my sister Ellie took me to a Burlington Coat Factory store to buy a winter coat. I needed it with as cold as it got where my folks live. The parka I bought turned out to be a really good deal both in price and in the job it did in keeping me warm. Unfortunately, clothes only last so long. Through wear and tear, part of my parka's zipper got ripped out and some of the seams were coming loose. My parka began shedding feathers (it has a down lining). So, it was time to get a new one. Because I was able to get such a good parka at Burlington before, I decided to try them again. There were a couple in the area where I live. I checked both of them out and found out one with the features I wanted (a hood, double zipper and down lining). The price was good again. My parka cost me $60 and would've cost around $150 else where. We'll see how it holds up with the coming winter.

No comments: