Sunday, December 21, 2008

Quiet

It's been quiet the last 3 or 4 days. I worked a full route the last 2 days. It went fine. Packages were heavy (I had 50 of them yesterday) but, that's to be expected during the Christmas season. Once that ends, it'll get back to normal and the mail volume will begin to decrease. It'll keep on decreasing till next fall. Weather wise, I've been lucky. It's been cold and it rained Friday but, it hasn't snowed. I'll take rain over snow any day. Thanks to the cold but not freezing temperatures, I've been able to hold off turning on the heat in my apartment for the most part. My latest BGE bill was just $33.78. I was very pleased about that. I don't like giving BGE any more of money than I have to. If I've felt a little cold in my apartment, I've put a coat on vice turning the heat on.
Also, the winter solstice was this morning. You say no big deal. It does matter mail wise. Once the winter solstice hits, we start getting more sunlight vice darkness. Delivering the mail in the dark can be a royal pain as well as dangerous. I wear a reflector belt so I can be seen by cars when I'm crossing streets to deliver packages. Another hazard I have delivering the mail in the dark is my mail truck. The truck has serious blind spots. To compensate for these, they've installed 7 mirrors so you can see all around the truck but, these mirrors don't do a lot of good in the dark. You have to be very careful backing up a mail truck in the dark.
Barring working at the Post Office, I'm impatiently counting down the days till Egypt. Also, I'm slowly but surely paying off the Globus U.S. and Canada tours I'll be going on next summer. I'm impatient to get my scooter. I think the thing would be handy for short errand runs. I got approved for a new Dell credit account. I plan to use that when I buy a new laptop computer from them in May or June of next year. I wonder how bad my taxes are going to be this year. Last year, I got really clobbered. I plan to make a recycling run soon. I've been amassing a considerable pile of old magazines, cardboard and various bottles. I plan to treat myself to lunch at the Baltimore Hard Rock Cafe. I found out I'm less than $3 away from my next $20 credit with my All Access membership. I've been writing a few blog entries on MySpace. I finally figured out how to link pictures in their blogs so I was able to show folks on there some of my best France pictures. Slow slogging away at creating a database for my CDs. I need it so I don't buy duplicates of ones I already have. Been trying to get rid of some of the junk I've amassed. I'm something of a packrat and, the stuff does pile up. I'm gradually getting a pile together of stuff I'm going to take to the Salvation Army.
That's all to report for now. Like I said, it's pretty quiet at my end of the woods. And, it'll probably stay that way for at least another month. When it gets closer to the Egypt trip, things will start picking up as I'll get busy getting ready for that. Cheers all!

No comments: