Thursday, January 01, 2009

Servicing

I took my car in yesterday to be serviced. It was time for its 75,000 mile servicing. This was one of the major servicings and it ended up costing $300. Ouch! Thanksfully, the only thing they found wrong with the car was its front brake pads needed to be replaced. Still, that tacked on $169 to the bill. I found out my rear brakes are all right for now but, they are getting worn to. I have no idea how long it'll be before I have to get the pads replaced on those.
I had the servicing done at the local Carmax. I was very pleased with the service rep I dealt with as well as the customer rep I had to pay my bill with. However, I was very displeased with one item at Carmax. Carmax has apparently changed its policy concerning its free shuttle service. They'll give you a ride to where ever from the dealership (as long as its within 5 miles) BUT they won't give you a ride back when its time to pick up your car. In my case, that would've meant calling a taxi to take me back to the dealership. That makes their shuttle completely useless and, it meant I had to stay at the dealership and wait while they worked on my car. I didn't care at all to sit in their waiting area for almost 3 hours. I was very glad I'd made an appointment for my car so I could get it right in. I hadn't, I would've had an even longer wait. Because of their shuttle service thing, I have mixed feelings about them. Still, I want to make sure my Camry continues to run fine so for now for major servicings and repair work, I'll continue to go to them.
On a different subject, I hope all my readers have a Happy New Year. I hope 2009 brings you the fulfillment of your dreams. Cheers all!

3 comments:

Jim Jannotti said...

Happy New Year, Ron!

And thank you very much for the card. That was thoughtful of you.

Ditto said...

Hi Jim, I'm glad you liked the card. I was leery of sending it but, I'd already put a stamp on it so I sent it. I believe you are pissed off at me about something. I don't know what so, I dropped the link to your blog and, I won't post on your blog anymore. Best of luck to your pastoring and being a substitute rural carrier.

Jim Jannotti said...

What? Ron... come back! I'm not sure why you think/thought that!! Whatever I said (or didn't say), I'm sorry.