Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Kudos to Carmax



Last week, a light on my car dash started coming on. I looked in the owner's manual and found out it was a sensor that warns you have some kind of problem with the rear lights. The manual said it could be something so minor as a burned out light bulb. Not knowing squat about cars, I decided I had to take the car to the local Carmax Toyota dealership. I've found the people at Carmax to be consistently nice but had a bad experience with them over some warranty work. Because of that, I was a little leery about taking my car to them. Still, I wanted to get the light problem fixed and I felt they would know what to do. I turned out to be big time right.



I pulled the car into the dealership and walked to the customer service desk. The service rep whose name I can't remember now, asked me what was wrong with the car. I told him and gave him the spare set of keys. He walked out, turned the ignition and saw for himself the warning light that was coming on. I was able to see that it was the left rear brake light that was out. The service rep had another employee hit the brakes so he could verify that. Then, he opened the trunk and saw he'd need a screwdriver. He walked into his office and got one. He unscrewed the covering over the rear lights, pulled out the brake light and found that it was burned out. Then, he walked into the dealership and got a new lightbulb. He installed the bulb and checked the sensor. Sure enough, the problem was just a burned out lightbulb. I was delighted he'd solved the problem so quickly. I asked him how much it would cost to replace the bulb and he said "no charge." I was stunned. To the folks at the Laurel Carmax Toyota, many kudos for your great service today. I will definitely be using you in the future because of what your customer service rep did. This blog entry is also my way of saying thank you again.

No comments: