Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dave and Buster's

A friend and I got to eat at Dave and Buster's last night. I'd never eaten there before and was curious how their food was. When we sat down, our waitress promptly showed up and took our order. My friend ordered a pint of Bass beer/ale (I'm not sure which it is) and I ordered a bottle of IBC root beer. Our drinks were promptly served. We waited and we waited and we waited for our food. When it finally showed up, someone had messed the order up. My friend ordered the mix grill and they tried to give him a Philly cheese steak. I ordered the roast beef panini sandwich with french fries which they got right. I found my sandwich fair. I thought the order of fries small. I found myself getting a little irked by the waitress repeatedly asking if I wanted another $2.15 bottle of root beer. I mention the price because I don't think it's a good deal. Also, if I tell you once I don't want another root beer, it's a safe bet I don't want another root beer. My friend finally got his food but our misadventure wasn't over yet. It seems our waitress tried to charge my friend for the Philly cheese steak which he didn't order AND the mixed grill. My friend spoke with the waitress and eventually got it straightened out.
Overall, I'd rate Dave and Buster's food as fair. I don't think it is very good value for the money. I'm also displeased with how long it took for our food to arrive. I think someone made a mistake some where on that. Lastly, I was displeased with our waitress for the mistake on my friend's bill, her constant pushing for me to buy another drink and another possible gaffe she may have made. I won't fully explain the possible gaffe at this time as I want to determine if it was a mistake or not. I plan to dine at Dave and Buster's again so I can see if this is the norm at Dave and Buster's or if it was a one off. I'll you know what I find out then. Cheers all!

No comments: