Monday, April 23, 2007

Vanilla Milkshakes

Re: my Potbelly blog entry, I decided to try to make my own vanilla milkshakes. I wasn't thrilled with paying Potbelly $2.69 a piece for what they called a large milkshake. I looked for recipes on the internet and found a very simple one. It called for 1 cup of milk, 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. I didn't have any vanilla extract so I put that on my shopping list. After work Sunday at Medieval Times, I drove over to the Arundel Mills Safeway. I found out that there are imitation and real vanilla extract. The real stuff costs more. I don't know how much of a difference there would be flavor wise between the two. I decided to play it safe and bought an 8 ounce bottle of gourmet vanilla extract. It was cheaper per ounce than the 2 ounce Safeway brand.
Once I got home, I gathered the various ingredients, inserted them into my blender and hit the cream button. Then, I poured the mix into my Medieval Times margarita glass. It turned out the recipe makes a very respectable vanilla milkshake. I was in milkshake bliss. Sadly, because of the high calorie count, I suspect I would be able to indulge too often my passion for vanilla milkshakes. Still, it is fun making them and even more fun drinking them. Cheers all!

No comments: