Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tripadvisor

I've been writing a few posts for a website called Tripadvisor. The sites features reviews on restaurants, hotels, and things to do by ordinary people like you and me. This means in theory that the reviews likely to be more honest. As far as I know, no one receives any kind of compensation for writing something nice about what they write about on the site. I was surprised to find out no one had written an article on the Maryland Renaissance Festival. In my opinion, this festival is one of best things Maryland has every year. I can't wait to go again this year.
Another thing I've done is provide information on the Baltimore/Washington D.C. Medieval Times. As I'm a semi-expert on the place, I thought I could provide lots of basic information on it that might be of use. The only annoying thing I've had with my article is I keep remembering things to add after the fact. I've edited the article something like 6 times.
If you're knowledgeable about sights in your area and would like to tell people about them, check out http://www.tripadvisor.com and write a few articles. Then, you can be something of an amateur travel writer which is kinda neat. Cheers!

No comments: