Sunday, April 22, 2007

Potbelly Restaurant

This past Thursday, I worked a matinee show (see my blog entry about that) and an evening show at Medieval Times. During the break between shows, I decided to buy some lunch at Potbelly's. I had two of their excellent vanilla milkshakes, their wreck sandwich with everything on it and a bowl of the chili.
Potbelly's continues to make great milkshakes. I was in milkshake bliss drinking the two I ordered from them. My only complaint with them is the shakes are not very big for what are supposed to be large shakes. They're also not cheap. It cost me $2.69 per milkshakes.
I thought the wreck sandwich to be a good decent sandwich. It cost $4 which isn't that much but it isn't a terribly big sandwich either. If you want to get filled up dining on their sandwiches, you'll have to have two of them. I will give a slight warning about the hot peppers they can put on their sandwiches if you request them. They aren't super hot but they do have some zing to them. I knew when I hit the peppers on my sandwich.
I found their chili to be decent. It wasn't super hot but chili doesn't have to burn the roof of your mouth off to be good. I do feel it was a bit pricy. I paid $4.50 for a bowl of their chili and it wasn't a very large bowl. If you wanted onions or cheese you had to pay extra for those which I thought annoying.
Overall, I found Potbelly's to sell decent sandwiches, excellent though pricy milkshakes and good though pricy chili. If you want a nice lunch, they're worth considering. However, for value for money, this place doesn't deliver.

No comments: