Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tom T. Hall

I was recording some music to my computer today. Two of the CDs I recorded were Tom T. Hall's Greatest Hits I and II. It was my Dad that got me interested in Tom T. Hall. My Dad is a big country music fan. He also likes to play the guitar and Tom T. Hall is a great guitar player. I found I liked Hall because of the nice ballads he penned. You can laugh at his song Ballad of Forty Dollars or feel the pain in That's How I Got To Memphis. I also like his song Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine. It's a beautiful ballad that reminds us what really matters in our rushed lives. You can also feel some of sadness in Homecoming where he tells of a trip home to see his Dad. He hadn't been home in a long while and the homecoming isn't an easy one. If you like beautiful and smooth country ballads, you might want to give Tom T. Hall a try. He is a great country artist and one I'd highly recommend.

No comments: