Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lord of the Rings Collection

It looks like the eulogy for the United Cutlery Lord of the Rings collection was too soon. To my delight, I read on the Ultimate Collectors Forum (formerly United Cutlery Forum) that United Cutlery has 5 items that they are planning to release sometime in the future. Kit Rae, a product design director at United Cutlery said in the forum that United Cutlery has some really nice stuff in the works. Unfortunately, he couldn't say what specific items United Cutlery plans to make. I could think of a few things like scabbards for the Boromir, Eowyn, and Herugrim swords. I don't know if they'll make Gimli's bearded axe as the axes supposedly didn't sell well. Mr. Rae also said Guthwine, the sword that Eomer uses, isn't in the works. United Cutlery feels there isn't the interest right now for another Rohirrim sword. Bummer as I'd buy that one. A scabbard for Hadhafang would be nice. Also, it would be great if they made Aeglos, the spear of Gil-galad, the last High King of the Elves (another item I'd like to have). I'll be interested to see what United Cutlery decides to make. Barring the ideas I've mentioned, I'm at a loss as to what other items they could make (Aragorn's crown would be nice but the Noble Collection already has a copy of that out). I'll just have to wait and see and dream.

No comments: