Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Bathroom

My mom Kay would swear hell froze over today. I actually cleaned my bathroom without any making me do it. Kay can tell you how much I hate housecleaning and especially cleaning bathtubs. Still, it needed to be done so I finally broke open a can of Ajax cleanser I've had for a while (I won't say how long) and scrubbed. The soap scum and dirt grudgingly came off. Then, I noticed that the area around my toilet looked rather bad as well. I figured I'd better clean that too. So, I scrubbed around there. To my aggravation, I kept finding hairs that would magically appear after I wiped something clean. It was very frustrating. I began to wonder if I was shedding like a dog. Lastly, I wiped the bathroom counter and mirror off. My bathroom actually looks a little presentable now. Just in case my mom thinks hell actually froze over, I will confess that the reason I cleaned my bathroom was because I was procrastinating about doing something worse. I have to do an annotated bibliography for my college class and cleaning the bathroom looked more inviting than doing that. Now that the bathroom is clean, I'll have to find something else to do so I can keep on procrastinating about that bibliography. I know! I need to go to the Commissary. That'll put off the inevitable for at least a couple more hours and I can do a blog about a French word of the day blog site I found. That'll work!

No comments: