Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sam Adam's Boston Lager

To my embarrassment, I had to buy a second six-pack of Samuel Adam's Boston Lager because I forgot to write down my impressions during the first one. Please also note, I'm not any kind of expert on beer.
In regards to Adam's signature Boston Lager, I can't say I like it that much. Unlike their Black Lager, it doesn't have a clean finish. I also think it has a harsh taste to it. I would prefer the Black Lager compared to the Boston Lager. Alcohol wise, at 4.9% it isn't super potent (not that that matters to me, my goal when I drink isn't to get drunk). I just enjoy trying different beers and ales. I particularly enjoy drinking ales because of the historic connection ales have (they were served in the Middle Ages).
Overall, this is one brew by Samuel Adams that I'll pass on. I just wasn't terribly impressed with it. Still, you might have different tastes. From what I've seen. Samuel Adams makes some fine beers and ales. You might want to give it a try. Cheers!

No comments: