Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Medieval Times Update

I got to work on inventory yesterday. I don't know how often they have to do inventory at the castle but I discovered yesterday it can be quite a job. I had to count all the dinner plates (over 2,000 of them!), soup bowls (over 1,350 of those), mugs (over 1,300 of those), coffee cups, dessert plates, booster seats, and bus trays. It ended up being a very tiring and tedious job. I was very glad when I finished. I'm thankful we don't have silverware (they didn't have that back in the 11th century thankfully!). I'd hate it if I had to count hundreds of forks, spoons, and knives.
I also had to say good-bye to a co-worker. He'd decided it was time to move on and gave his notice two weeks ago. I think he was very frustrated at the castle and truthfully, the castle was frustrated with him. He was not well liked and a lot of that was his doing. He would stare at the girls that worked at the castle which creeped them out. He also would blow off things he was supposed to do work wise. This would piss off the rest of us as we then had to pick up his slack. Still, he'd been kind to me and I was saddened to see him go. I hope things work out for him.
This Friday, I'll start my new part-time job at SHARE. This promises to create new challenges for me as I will now have to juggle my job at Medieval Times and my job at SHARE. I've never had to deal with that before. It also promises to cause long work days (13 to 14 hours). I'm also going to have to deal with trying to get to my two jobs via the traffic on Interstate-295. I'm not looking forward to that. Still, I hope it'll work out. We'll see.

No comments: