Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

I watched Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events today. I haven't read the books associated with the movie so I can't say how the movie compares to the books. I thought Jim Carrey did a nice job of playing the evil Count Olaf. Also, I liked the people who played the Baudelaire children. I thought some of the other characters very strange in the movie. I think there were also some interesting scenes such as when the kids figure out to save themselves from a train and a house that is disintegrating all around them. The kids would've done the tv hero MacGyver proud. Those were the parts I think I enjoyed most.

Overall, I wasn't very impressed with the movie. I'm definitely glad I didn't bother to try to see it at the movie theater when it first came out. I do feel it is a family movie or one for kids though it does carry a PG rating. I would rate the movie as so-so and definitely not worth buying. I don't know if there are any plans to make any more movies from this series. If there are, I hope they do a better job next time. For this movie, I'd say if you don't have anything better to watch rent it otherwise, I'd recommend you pass on this one. It's definitely not one to write home about.

No comments: