Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Medieval Times Update
I worked at Medieval Times today. It was kinda slow. Mondays and Tuesdays generally are. They don't do any shows on those days so it's a lot quieter. One thing of note did happen though. Today, they had a wireless internet antenna hooked up in the Hall of Arms area. What is so special about that you ask? It will enable anyone with a laptop computer to hook-up to the internet wirelessly. What is even more noteworthy about the wireless connection is the speed. Those who surf the internet at the Medieval Times I work at will able to hook-up to the internet at 5 count-em 5 megabytes per second! The only price for using this service will be buying a cup of coffee at the bar. It's a fantastic bargain. I plan to try it out myself and get to use my employee discount. I also found out today that I get to use my employee discounts now vice having to wait until my 90-day probationary period is over. I think this is awesome and sneaky of Medieval Times. Awesome since I can start saving money there immediately. Sneaky because it means they're going to get some of paycheck back NOW. I was planning on waiting the 90-days before I started buying some stuff there. Now, I 'll be able to start doing some of my Christmas shopping early. Hm. I need to get some stuff for the family Christmas grab bag stocking. I could get a couple decks of their playing cards. I could buy one of the charm boxes. I think either my sister or step-mom would like one of those. Plus, they have some nice fans which they or my other step-mom Jane might like. I also have to get one of those Medieval Times magnets for the grab bag. They also got some more daiquiri glasses in. I think those would be great for drinking smoothies in. Supposedly, they can hold over 40 ounces of your favorite drink! What could I get my brother Hank? Maybe an autographed picture from Princess Esperanza. He's a serious playboy and loves the babes. Princess Esperanza is a very nice looking lady so he might get a kick out of that. I don't know what I could get my Dad. He's not into swords. I'll have to look around some more for him. For myself, I want one of the adult wooden swords. They're pretty neat looking. That should be enough for now. I don't want to spend a whole paycheck there though it would be easily enough to do. Stay tuned for more updates on Medieval Times.
P.S.
For those who are hard of hearing or deaf, The Baltimore (Arundel Mills Mall) Medieval Times will be doing a special show in April where they'll have someone signing so those who understand sign language will be able to know what the actors and actresses are saying in the show. These special shows are done once a quarter. If you'd like to know the specific date, please leave me a comment, I'll find out the date, and post it.

No comments: