Thursday, March 30, 2006

College Update

I got some nice news yesterday concerning the college class I'm taking. I earned a B+ on my first writing assignment. I was really pleased. Now, I only have one more writing assignment to go. I promptly picked the topics I was going to write on next. I plan to write essays on appearance vs. reality in Tennessee William's The Glass Menagerie. My second essay is going to be analyze two of the mother-daughter relationships in Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club.
Also concerning college, next week I plan to go into the University of Maryland office on base and figure out what class I'm going to take this summer. I plan to speak with one of the counselors who can tell me which ones would meet which requirements. I plan to put off taking Junior-level poetry until the last class I need. I like poetry but I hate writing about it. A lot of poetry is very abstract and I'm very literal. I remember one professor I took a class with. We had to do a paper on some poems and he slammed me for not hitting on all these themes that were supposedly in the poems. I couldn't see these subtle themes and wondered where he was finding that stuff. Because of that, poetry is going to be my last class toward my degree.

No comments: