Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Market Day at SHARE

I got to help out at Market Day at the Washington D.C. SHARE. If you haven't read my previous posts on SHARE, market day is where SHARE tries to sell the surplus bits from previous monthly specials. One noteworthy example were Thanksgiving turkeys. SHARE was selling young turkeys weighing between 7 and 8 pounds for just $6! I don't cook but, I couldn't pass up a bargain like that so I bought one as a small gift for Tami's family. I also some frozen vegetables. They were selling 2-pound bags of mixed frozen vegetables for $1. They were also selling two 12-ounce packages of bacon for $3.50. I don't know if that was the greatest bargain but I haven't had bacon in a while and so I bought some.
SHARE also came out with some new SHARE clothes. The item that particularly caught my eye was a 3-season coat. The coat has a fleece liner, zippered pockets, a hidden breast pocket, and other handy features (ok, I don't remember what the other features were). It also has the SHARE logo on it. I've been wanting something that makes me look like one of the "official" SHARE folks and this coat/jacket fits the bill. The coat sells for $48. I plan to buy mine tomorrow.
One last item concerning SHARE, early next month the Washington D.C. SHARE will be celebrating its 16th anniversary. They plan to honor the volunteers who have played such an important part in helping SHARE function. If you've helped out, you might want to come out and join the celebration. It should be a fun time.

No comments: