Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Disgusted with Northwest Airlines

I got an a weekly Northwest Airlines promotion email today and found out about a new deal they're offering. Northwest is going to start a test product program where they reserve 5% of the aisle and exit row seats in economy and sell them for an extra $15 each. So you get to pay to fly economy and then pay again to get a good seat in economy. Is this disgusting? I couldn't believe they would do such a revolting double squeeze on their passengers. I definitely don't plan on paying them an additional $15 each way just to get a better normal economy seat. For that matter, I may start trying to fly Southwest Airlines more often. One nice thing about Southwest is that if you check-in early, you can sit all the way in the front of the plane for no extra charge. I also suspect they're cheaper too. Northwest Airlines should dump this test program immediately! The airlines are already shortchanging customers enough.

No comments: