Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Lord of the Rings

First, if you are interesting in buying one of the Lord of the Rings swords or axes, you might want to do so quickly. For unknown reasons, United Cutlery is apparently stopping production of most of the blades. I think this royally stinks as these blades are some of the finest and most beautiful that have been produced in some time. I've seen other swords at various blade shops and they look like the crap. The Lord of the Rings blades have been consistently excellent. If you want a nice decorative sword that doesn't look kitchshe, you might want to get one of the Lord of the Rings blades before they're sold out.
Second, if you haven't heard, the Lord of the Rings musical has opened in Toronto, Canada. As far as I know, it has been well recieved. I still wonder how they could do a musical based on the books in 3 and a half hours. Maybe, I'll be able to get up to Toronto sometime to find out.
Third, no word on New Line and Sony doing a deal so "The Hobbit" can be made. Peter Jackson reportedly is willing though I haven't heard how his lawsuit was going with New Line which also might affect whether or not he gets to make the movie. I'm still hoping the two studios can get off their greedy butts and do a deal so we can see "The Hobbit" made into a movie vice the cartoon that was done previously (mind you the cartoon version was outstanding in my opinion).

1 comment:

kairosnow said...

I didn't know that the cartoon movie existed. Its on my must watch list now!