Sunday, August 30, 2009

Royally Messed Over

Yesterday, my fellow substitute rural carriers really did a number on me. We were down a route as usual. We've been down routes for 2 weeks now. I cased the down route so I didn't have to deliver any of it. That put me behind on the route I was assigned but, I managed to get out on the street in decent time and was doing a good job on it. I get a call from my boss. Apparently, other subs weren't taking their parts of the broken up route. I told him he needed to call them back in. He couldn't reach them. I finished my route and returned to the Post Office. There were 2 segments of the broken up route left.
One thing you must understand is that First and Second class mail MUST be delivered the day it is received. There are no exemptions on this rule. It MUST be delivered. Because one sub didn't take his segment, another sub would have to take 2. That sub wasn't going to go for that. The mail HAD to be delivered. So, I got tagged to deliver the segment the other sub SHIRKED. I deliver that segment. I'm the last rural carrier back because of it. The sub who was supposed to take the segment doesn't take it for unknown reasons. The mail MUST be delivered. I'm the only one at the Post Office who knows where this mail goes. Apparently, they won't call or can't reach any of the other subs. I'm made to deliver a SECOND bump that I shouldn't have had to deliver. I end up clocking out at 7:40 P.M.! Some subs who didn't do diddly got to leave at 1:30 P.M. I got royally messed over and, I was furious as I've been getting the shaft for the last 2 weeks. This crap must stop. I'll likely to filing my first grievance as otherwise it's almost certain to continue. I'd also like to retaliate on the subs who messed me over by calling out on their lazy asses. Then, they can pick up my shit for a change and see how they like it. We'll see what happens.

No comments: